Keeping your passport safe should always be your priority. If you are living in another country other than your own, keeping your visa safe is important too.
- Whenever possible, keep important documents in your hotel safe (either in your room or
- If there is no safe, ensure that your documents are carried securely on you i.e. in a special travel pouch, which can be worn around your body.
- Do not leave documents in your suitcase - it can be easily lost or stolen.
- Keep a photocopy of your passport and visa in a safe place
- You may wish to keep a copy electronically, emailing it to yourself or keeping it on-line for instance, in a Dropbox account which can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection or even on your smartphone!